Argentina is a country of astonishing contrasts, epic landscapes and a fiery culture defined by stirring music, mouthwatering food and world class wines. There is an almost cinematic quality to life here: passions run high as two tango dancers strut, cheek to cheek; a lone gaucho gallops across endless grasslands; a penguin ruffles its feathers, steeling itself before launching into the icy waters swirling below...
The first port of call on most tour itineraries is Buenos Aires, a city of European elegance and Latin passion where Juan and Eva Perón once ruled the roost. The cosmopolitan capital is a far cry from the ranches of Argentina’s hinterland, a place where weather-beaten gauchos herd cattle across the pampas and raise the beef for which this country is famed. Wine is big business too, so make sure you spend some time sampling the marvellous Malbecs of the Mendoza region. Argentina goes big on natural wonders, from the incomparable Iguazú Falls to the jagged peaks of Patagonia, and it’s also the jumping off point for voyages to Antarctica; the southernmost towns of Tierra del Fuego have a real ‘end of the road’ feel.
- The spectacular Iguazú Falls straddle the border between Argentina and Brazil, a simply awe-inspiring sight where hundreds of waterfalls cascade 200 feet onto the rocks below.
- Buenos Aires is South America’s most electrifying capital, a sophisticated and seductive city where European old world elegance rubs up against fiery Latin passion.
- Tierra del Fuego is where South America crumbles into the chilly waters of the Southern Ocean, a weather-beaten archipelago that’s home to penguins, seals and humpback whales.
- Argentina produces some truly world class wines, and the Mendoza region, nestled in the Andean foothills, is famous for its Malbec.
- Head out into Argentina’s cowboy country and experience life on a working ranch, where you’ll be able to meet the hardy gauchos and explore beautifully wild scenery on horseback.
- Argentina is famous for its beef, so get ready to tuck into the finest steaks you’ve ever tasted, drizzled with flavoursome chimichurri sauce.
- The fast-moving Perito Moreno Glacier is one of the most spectacular sights in Patagonia, advancing by up to two metres a day and calving vast icebergs in the process.
- Córdoba is Argentina’s youthful second city, where a large student population packs into buzzing restaurants and bars. The historic centre is compact but contains some lovely old colonial buildings, and there are a host of excellent art galleries.
- Tango is the sultry dance most associated with Argentina, and even if you don’t want to strut your stuff, rose between teeth, you should still make sure you see the pros in action at a show or a street performance.
- Bariloche is the jumping off point for Argentina’s stunning Lake District. In winter the mountains are carpeted in snow, making this a popular winter sports destination, while the summer months are perfect for hiking, mountain biking, horse riding and trout fishing.
On this trip through Argentina and Chile, we walk among the glacial lakes and mountain ranges of Torres del Paine National Park, discover Buenos Aires and admire views of the awe-inspiring Perito Moreno Glacier
On this trip through Argentina and Chile, we walk among the glacial lakes and mountain ranges of Torres del Paine National Park, discover the captivating city of Buenos Aires and admire views of the awe-inspiring Perito Moreno Glacier.
On this exciting overland journey we travel from Argentina's capital Buenos Aires to the vibrant city of Rio de Janeiro in Brazil.
Discover mountain ranges to glittering glaciers and azure lakes, there's never a dull moment in Patagonia.
Discover Buenos Aires, Patagonia and the best of Argentina. Adventure Life's Argentina experts will help you design the perfect trip for your needs..
Join us on a hiking trip to Patagonia, walking through the glaciers and peaks of the stunning mountain areas of Fitzroy and Torres del Paine.
Visit the Antarctic Peninsula, the most pristine wilderness on earth.
Towering blue icebergs, vast penguin colonies, whales, seals and glaciers right in the heart of the peninsula
Complete the famous W-Trek in Chile’s Torres del Paine N.P., and walk amidst spectacular scenery in Argentina’s Fitzroy region.
Enter the southernmost region on earth then take things a step further as you cross the Antarctic Circle
Cruise to the Antarctic Peninsula on an 12-day polar expedition from the southern shores of Chile’s Punta Arenas
The fascinating history and overwhelming wildlife populations of the Sub-Antarctic combined with the awesome beauty of Antarctica itself.
Cycle two South American countries on this Cycle Chile & Argentina: Atacama to Salta tour
Ride through the beautiful Lake District of Chile and Argentina.
Always one of the most popular departures, this expedition gives more time where it matters, below the Antarctic Circle.
Cast off from Ushuaia, Argentina, to embark on an adventure to one of the most beautiful and remote locations on the planet
Become well acquainted with Antarctica's icy wilderness on this crossing of the Antarctic Circle that stops by the Falklands and South Georgia
Experience the wonder of machu picchu explore the markets in bolivia cross the salar de uyuni and mountain wilderness.