A Russian Christmas in St Petersburg
- What's Included
- Just You
Wrap up warm and take in St Petersburg's best sights from your hotel on the famed Nevsky Prospekt. A magical sleigh ride adds to the Christmas atmosphere.
- Peter & Paul Fortress visit
- Vodka tasting at the Museum of Vodka
- Visit the Fabergé Museum
- Discover the Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood
- State Hermitage Museum tour
- St Catherine's Palace
- Sleigh Ride in Pushkin (weather permitting)
- St Petersburg
- Day 1 UK to St Petersburg
- Today you'll fly to St Petersburg, and on arrival we'll transfer you to your hotel, which is located on its most famous street, Nevsky Prospekt. Perhaps go for a stroll after you've settled into your room.
Back at the hotel, get to know your travelling companions over dinner this evening.
- DAY 2 Christmas Eve Peter & Paul Fortress
- Enjoy a leisurely breakfast, before joining your Tour Manager for a tour of St Petersburg. Formerly Leningrad, this was the capital of Russia until the October Revolution in 1917 and it displays an exciting mix of ancient and modern architecture.
We'll visit the Peter and Paul Fortress, the first structure to be built in the city, and then we'll head to the Museum of Vodka. Here we'll find out how Russia's favourite spirit has been produced and consumed over the centuries and enjoy a tasting, accompanied by pancakes and red caviar.
- DAY 3 Christmas Day Fabergé Museum & Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood
- It's Christmas Day and we'll start the morning with a visit to the Fabergé Museum, which is dedicated to the creator of the famous and ornate Fabergé eggs. After a tour here we'll head to the magnificent Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood. Resembling St Basil's Cathedral in Moscow, the church was built on the site where Tsar Alexander II was assassinated in 1881.
Back at the hotel this evening we'll gather as a group and head to a restaurant for a Russian-style Christmas dinner.
- DAY 4 Boxing Day State Hermitage Museum
- St Isaac's Cathedral was the largest in Russia when it was built between 1818 and 1858, and our day begins with a visit here. The highlight of our day however, is a guided tour of the renowned State Hermitage Museum. This exceptional showcase of wealth, art and culture has more than three million items on display, and we'll see how many we can view on our visit. You can choose to stay on longer and explore at your own pace, or head back to the hotel, where dinner is served tonight.
- DAY 5 Catherine’s Palace & sleigh ride
- Today we'll get a glimpse of the Russian high life and an insight into Russia's imperial history as we explore the stunning Catherine Palace and gardens in Pushkin. Our day comes to magical end with a thrilling horse-drawn sleigh ride through a wintry landscape.
This evening we'll once again head to a restaurant in the city, where we'll enjoy dinner and traditional Russian entertainment.
- DAY 6 St Petersburg to UK
- We'll transfer to the airport today for our flight back to the UK.
- Just You Tour Manager as your host
- Return flights from Heathrow with British Airways
- 5 nights half board in a 5-star hotel
- 10 meals: 5 breakfasts, 5 dinners including Russian-style Christmas dinner
- Specialist Local Guide
- Overseas transfers & other transportation
You will have the option to book your own flights independently with the operator.
23-Dec-2018 for 5 Nights
Why Just You?
Just You are an award winning singles touring holiday specialist. They provide amazing touring experiences for singles, groups of friends travelling on their own who want single rooms and also those who have to travel independently from their partners, but don’t want to travel alone.
Travelling solo is liberating and with the right ingredients it’s the perfect way to see the world. Just You mix everything together to create the ideal travel experience for independent globe trotters. They think it’s a bit like making a cake. A sprinkle of culture, a good pinch of fun, a dash of freedom and a drop of adventure, with your Tour Manager and fellow travellers providing the icing on top.
They’ve been developing itineraries for single travellers for almost a decade. Every trip is hosted by an experienced Tour Manager, while Local Guides add extra insight. They stick to this formula because they know it works. Their customers score them nearly 100% for their knowledge and tell them they’re second to none – an A* in anyone’s book!
With single rooms at no supplement; a meet and greet at the airport; flights or rail included; overseas transfers and other transportation; many meals, exciting excursions, and the option to join in as much or as little as you like, you can’t ask for more.
Contact our partner
You can contact Just You directly by: