A Journey Through the Baltics
- What's Included
- Just You
Explore the highlights of Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia on this fabulous journey through the Baltics. Along the way you'll discover historic cities and ancient castles, stunning scenery and a majestic Baroque palace. You'll also learn about the region's history with visits to an open-air museum and an underground soviet bunker.
- Holiday Inn Vilnius
- Holiday Inn Vilnius is a light and comfortable 4 star Hotel in the heart of Vilnius'' postcard-pretty Old Town. Bursting with a heady mix of European architechture, vibrant markets and the Vilnius Cathedral, making it a great place to explore. Hotel Facilities include a restaurant and lobby bar. All bedrooms have delightful views, complimentary internet access, individually controlled air conditioning systems, private facilities, mini bar and satellite TV.
- Park Inn by Radisson Kaunas
- The 4-star Park Inn is located in the centre of Kaunas, close to its attractions.
Hotel facilities include a restaurant, bar and health club. Bedrooms have private facilities, air-conditioning, mini-bar, hairdryer and safe.
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Klaipeda
- Radisson Blu Klaipedra is a 4 star Hotel located in the city centre and with easy access to the harbour and the cultural attractions. Hotel facilities include a restaurant and cosy lobby bar.All bedrooms include private facilities, Free Wifi access and minibar.
- Promenade Hotel
- Promenade Hotel is a elegant 5 star Hotel overlooking the harbour promenade in the centre of Liepaja. Each room is special with it''s own individual design and cosy atmosphere. Hotel facilities include a restaurant and lobby bar. All bedrooms include private facilities, air conditioning, mini bar, free WiFi access and cable TV.
- Wellton Centrum Hotel & Spa
- Welton Centrum Hotel & Spa is a luxurious 4 star hotel with local attractions such as St John''s Church, Riga Opera House and Laima Clock. Hotel facilities include a restaurant and lounge bar. All bedrooms include private facilities, air conditioning, free WiFi access and minibar
- Sightseeing tour of Vilnius & Trakai, including entrance to the Island Castle & a boat trip
- Kaunas city tour & visit to Hill of Crosses
- Tour of Klaipeda
- National Park of the Curonian Spit, including a visit to Nida & an amber workshop
- Liepaja city tour
- Visit KuldIga
- Riga & Jurmala sightseeing tour
- Discover Rundale Palace
- Turaida Museum Reserve, Sigulda & Ligatne Soviet Bunker
- Tallinn sightseeing tour & the Estonian Open Air Museum
- Classic Touring
- Birmingham (Intl)
- London (Heathrow)
- DAY 1 UK to Vilnius
- Fly to Vilnius in Lithuania via Frankfurt. On arrival we'll transfer to our hotel and get to know one another better over a welcome drink before dinner at the hotel this evening.
- DAY 2 Vilnius, Trakai & Galve Lake
- Lithuania's capital Vilnius, is a charming and beautiful city and we'll see its highlights on a sightseeing tour today. The UNESCO-listed Old Town is home to a maze of narrow streets and a wealth of historic buildings. At its centre lies Vilnius Cathedral, and on our tour we'll also pass by St Anna's Church – a Gothic masterpiece, St Peter and Paul's Church and the ruins of the Upper and Lower Castle.
We'll leave Vilnius this afternoon and head to Kaunas. En route we'll stop at Trakai, the former capital of Lithuania. We'll enjoy a sightseeing tour and visit the castle, a 14th century fortress which sits on an island connected to the shore by a footbridge. Later, we'll take a leisurely boat trip on Galve Lake. We'll arrive in Kaunas and dinner will be served in the hotel this evening.
- DAY 3 Kaunas & Sauliai
- This morning we'll explore Kaunas. Left unscathed by the Second World War, it boasts many ancient architectural monuments, particularly in the Old Town. On our guided tour we'll see highlights including Kaunas Castle, the Vytautas Church and the fabulous Old Town Hall with its 53 metre tower and beautiful Baroque façade. Leaving Kaunas we'll travel to Sauliai and visit the remarkable Hill of Crosses, a pilgrimage site where hundreds of crosses are planted as memorials and in devotion to Christianity.
Our journey continues to Klaipeda, the main seaport of Lithuania. It boasts a harmonious mix of old and new buildings, and a city tour will introduce us to highlights including the Old Town and the neo-classical Drama Theatre. We'll stay in Klaipeda overnight.
- DAY 4 Curonian Spit National Park & Nida
- Today's included excursion will begin with a sightseeing tour of the National Park of the Curonian Spit, a 98 kilometre stretch of sand washed by the Baltic Sea to the west and the Curonian Lagoon to the east. We'll see spectacular sand dunes and visit the small fishing village of Nida, where Nobel Prize-winner Thomas Mann built a summer house, a place where he could relax and spend time writing.
Next we'll attend an amber workshop where we'll learn about the history of Baltic amber and see ancient and modern processing tools. As our journey continues we'll cross the border into Latvia and continue on to Liepaja.
- DAY 5 Liepaja & Kuldiga
- After breakfast, join your Tour Manager on a city tour of Liepaja, Latvia's third largest city. We'll begin with a short walk around the city centre and then visit the naval port – Karosta – which occupies about a third of the city's area. During the Soviet era, this area was a closed territory but today visitors are welcome to visit the St Nicholas Orthodox Maritime Cathedral and see the prison and punishment cells at Karosta Prison, which was built at the beginning of the 20th century.
After lunch we'll depart Liepaja and drive to Kuldiga. Considered to be one of the most beautiful towns in Latvia, it boasts one of the longest brick bridges in Europe. There's also a medieval centre with well-preserved 17th and 18th century buildings set around the Alekšupite River. We'll visit the Venta Rapid, the widest waterfall in Europe, before continuing onto the Latvian capital Riga. We'll stay here for three nights.
- DAY 6 Riga
- Today we’ll explore Riga, a medievalHanseatic town. Our tour takes us tohighlights such as St Peter’s Cathedral,where you can admire spectacularviews of the city from the steeple,Riga Castle and the Dome Cathedral,which has one of the world’s largestpipe organs. We’ll also visit Riga’sCentral Market, which occupies aseries of buildings once used asZeppelin hangars and sells a variety ofproduce including meat, fish, fruit andvegetables. We’ll have an opportunity toenjoy a tasting of some of the goods onoffer before we move on to Jurmala, aseaside resort with a lovely white-sandbeach. Why not take a stroll with yourtravelling companions before we returnto Riga.
- DAY 7 Riga
- After breakfast we'll head to Rundale Palace, which is considered by many to be the most magnificent piece of Baroque architecture in the Baltic states. It was built as a summer residence for the Duke of Courland Ernst Johann von Biron in the first part of the 18th century and has been restored after suffering extensive damage during the two world wars. You'll have plenty of time to explore inside the palace, where highlights include the Golden Hall, the White Hall and the Duke's bedroom. Outside, why not take a stroll through the beautiful French-style park surrounded by a canal. We'll head back to Riga this afternoon where you are free to explore at leisure with your travelling companions.
- DAY 8 Turaida Museum Reserve & Sigulda
- Our journey continues after breakfast when we head to Tallinn in Estonia. On the way we'll stop at Turaida Museum Reserve, an area rich in monuments of historical interest. Visit the church and the delightful Folk Song Garden here, before we head to the picturesque town of Sigulda, situated in the Gauja National Park.
Our next stop is at the Ligatne Soviet Bunker. Built nine metres below ground during the Cold War, it was intended to be a secret hiding place for elite members of the Communist Party in the event of a nuclear war. On arrival in Tallinn we'll check in to our hotel for a two-night stay.
- DAY 9 Tallinn
- Tallinn is a picturesque old city, where whole districts date back to the Middle Ages. On today's city tour we'll explore the Old Town with its quaint narrow streets and gothic-styled merchants' houses and see Toompea Castle, the Russian Orthodox Cathedral of Alexander Nevsky and the 15th century Town Hall. Later, we'll visit the Estonian Open Air Museum. Discover how rural families lived in the 18th, 19th and 20th centuries as you wander around the village's farm buildings, watermills, church, school and shop.
This evening we'll gather as a group and enjoy a farewell dinner in a medieval restaurant in Tallinn.
- DAY 10 Tallinn to UK
- After breakfast we'll transfer to the airport in Tallinn for our flight back to the UK via Frankfurt.
- Just You Tour Manager as your host
- Return flights from Heathrow with Lufthansa
- 9 nights in 4-star hotels
- 14 meals: 9 breakfasts, 5 dinners
- All excursions included
- Specialist Local Guide
- Welcome drink
- Overseas transfers & other transportation
- Dedicated Just You representative to greet you at all UK airports
- Audio Guide
You will have the option to book your own flights independently with the operator.
10-Jun-2019 for 9 Nights
01-Jul-2019 for 9 Nights
02-Sep-2019 for 9 Nights
30-Sep-2019 for 9 Nights
Touring with Just You
Just You are an award winning singles touring holiday specialist. They provide amazing touring experiences for singles, groups of friends travelling on their own who want single rooms and also those who have to travel independently from their partners, but don’t want to travel alone.
Travelling solo is liberating and with the right ingredients it’s the perfect way to see the world. Just You mix everything together to create the ideal travel experience for independent globe trotters. They think it’s a bit like making a cake. A sprinkle of culture, a good pinch of fun, a dash of freedom and a drop of adventure, with your Tour Manager and fellow travellers providing the icing on top.
They’ve been developing itineraries for single travellers for almost a decade. Every trip is hosted by an experienced Tour Manager, while Local Guides add extra insight. They stick to this formula because they know it works. Their customers score them nearly 100% for their knowledge and tell them they’re second to none – an A* in anyone’s book!
With single rooms at no supplement; a meet and greet at the airport; flights or rail included; overseas transfers and other transportation; many meals, exciting excursions, and the option to join in as much or as little as you like, you can’t ask for more.
Contact our partner
You can contact Just You directly by: