A Maltese Christmas
- What's Included
An intriguing history and many ancient treasures are yours to discover as you explore the beautiful island of Malta on this Christmas break.
- Dolmen Resort Hotel
- The 4-star Dolmen Resort is located close to the beach in St Paul’s Bay. Hotel amenities include a choice of restaurants and bars, a café, swimming pool and a casino.
- Discover the ancient harbour towns known as the Three Cities and enjoy a cruise around Valletta's Grand Harbour
- Explore the walled city of Mdina and UNESCO-listed Valletta
- Experience Malta 5D, which tells the history of the island
- Explore the idyllic island of Gozo
Please note the 22nd December departure has a different running order.
- Natural Wonders
- Festive and New Year
- DAY 1 UK/St Paul’s Bay
- You'll depart on your flight to Malta today. On arrival, you will be transferred to your hotel in the picturesque resort of St Paul's Bay. After settling into your room, the rest of the day is free for you to spend as you please.
- DAY 2 Christmas Eve Three Cities & harbour cruise
- Let's get out and about today on an included tour which takes in the ancient harbour towns of Vittoriosa, Cospicua and Senglea. Collectively known as the Three Cities, all were built and fortified by the Knights of St John and offer a fascinating insight into Malta's history. Sit back and relax as we drive through Cospicua to Vittoriosa, whose waterfront is home to the former Palace of the General of the Galleys and the Order of St John's Treasury. Next, take in spectacular views in Senglea, which sits on a promontory jutting out into the Grand Harbour. We'll end the day with a cruise around Valletta's Grand Harbour to Sliema, where there's free time for some shopping. Father Christmas might even make an appearance!
- DAY 3 Christmas Day St Paul's Bay
- It's Christmas Day, so enjoy a relaxed day at your hotel and a special festive lunch with all the trimmings.
- DAY 4 Boxing Day Gozo
- Today you can head to the beautiful island of Gozo via a short ferry ride if you choose to join our optional excursion. Your first stop will be the resort of Marsalforn, where you will board a trackless train for a picturesque journey. Your next stop will be Victoria, Gozo's capital, with its fascinating UNESCO-listed Citadel, and you'll end the day at the live crib in Ghajnsielem, where the story of the Nativity will be brought to life.
- DAY 5 Mdina & Valletta
Join your Tour Manager on an included excursion which takes you to the centre of the island, and the walled city of Mdina. Dominated by its ancient citadel, it has a unique atmosphere, and as you pass through its narrow streets you'll be able to admire its honey-hued stone buildings and hidden alleyways. Your journey then continues to Valletta, the island's UNESCO-listed capital. Here you'll see the spectacular St John's Co-Cathedral and visit Malta 5D. This audio-visual show, with moving seats and more surprises, tells the fascinating 7,000-year history of the island. Finally we'll stop at the beautiful Upper Barracca Gardens, which are laid out on part of the city's old fortifications and offer magnificent views of the famous Grand Harbour. From this viewpoint, watch the saluting battery, when eight replica cannons are fired. Explore the city at your own pace before heading back to the hotel.
- DAY 6 St Paul’s Bay/UK
- Today we will transfer you to the airport for your return flight to the UK.
- Return flights from Heathrow with Air Malta
- 5 nights half board in a 4-star hotel
- 11 meals: 5 breakfasts, 1 Christmas lunch, 5 dinners
- Travelsphere Tour Manager and Local Guide
- Overseas transfers and other transportation
You will have the option to book your own flights independently with the operator.
22-Dec-2018 for 5 Nights
23-Dec-2018 for 5 Nights
With over 50 years of touring expertise, you are guaranteed an enriching experience with Travelsphere every time. Wherever you choose to explore, however you choose to travel, they believe it’s the people you’re with that make all the difference to your precious time away. Their Tour Managers are some of the best in the business and they work really hard to give you the holiday of your dreams. They work closely with Local Guides to show you the very best of a destination, from the iconic landmarks to the hidden gems, and are always on hand if you need tips, advice or just a friendly chat.
They take care of everything for you, from organising the transport and booking the hotels to arranging visits to the ‘must-see’ sights as well as some undiscovered, off-the-beaten-track destinations. You’ll be accompanied by an experienced Tour Manager whose unrivalled knowledge and enthusiasm will help you to uncover the real heart and soul of a place.
They understand how an amazing travel experience can make a lasting impression on people’s lives. That’s why they take such care to get it right. With guaranteed departures, guaranteed price promise and 100% financial protection, you are safe in Travelsphere’s hands.
Contact our partner
You can contact Travelsphere directly by: