A Swiss Mountain Adventure
- What's Included
- Just You
Journey on the world's steepest cog railway, enjoy lunch atop the '007 mountain' and try your hand at traditional activities. Sample a host of culinary delights and soak up Switzerland's stunning scenery on this exciting adventure taking you from pretty Wengen to lakeside Lucerne.
- Sunstar Alpine Hotel Wengen
- 4-star hotel in the village centre of Wengen. Facilities include a restaurant, bar and indoor pool. Guest rooms have private facilities, TV, mini bar, safe and hairdyer.
- Hotel Astoria Lucerne
- You will stay at the 4-star Hotel Astoria located in the heart of Lucerne. The hotel boasts three award winning restaurants and a rooftop garden lounge and bar with panoramic views across the mountain landscape and rooftops of Lucerne. Rooms are spacious, comfortable and light with air conditioning to ensure a comfortable climate. You will also find a safe, minibar, complimentary Wi-Fi, flat-screen TV and a nespresso coffee machine in your rooms for your use and the rain shower in your modern, spacious bathroom, giving you a spa experience.
- Step back in time at the Ballenberg Open Air Museum, enjoy a traditional lunch & cruise on Lake Brienz
- Visit Trummelbach Falls & travel by cable car to Schilthorn, the ‘007 mountain’, with lunch included
- Discover the culinary highlights of Wengen
- Discover Lucerne’s highlights, including the historic Chapel Bridge
- Ascend Mount Pilatus for an alphorn concert
- DAY 1 UK to Wengen
- Today you'll fly to Zurich and transfer by train to the mountain village of Wengen. Get to know your travelling companions over a welcome drink and dinner at the hotel this evening.
- DAY 2 Ballenberg Open Air Museum
- After breakfast, we'll take the train to Brienz and then board a Postbus – an iconic yellow Swiss bus – to Ballenberg. Here we'll enjoy a tour of the open-air museum, which features more than 100 centuries-old buildings. We'll also have the chance to participate in the Ballenberg Championships! You may not be familiar with putting the stone (throwing a heavy stone) or platzgen (disc throwing), so this is your chance to find out. After this you'll have earned your traditional Swiss lunch. Our day ends with a scenic cruise on Lake Brienz.
- DAY 3 Schilthorn
- Today's excursion starts with a train ride to Lauterbrunnen where we will take a Postbus to the Trummelbach Falls. You'll have free time to discover this site, a series of 10 glacier-fed waterfalls inside a mountain. Next we head to Stechelberg Schilthornbahn followed by a cable car ride to Birg. Offering stunning vistas from its viewing platform, it is the last change before we take another cable car to the top of Schilthorn – the '007 mountain'. Situated on its summit is a revolving restaurant, Piz Gloria, which was used as the location for Blofeld's HQ in the 1969 James Bond film 'On Her Majesty's Secret Service'. Enjoy lunch here as you soak up views of the Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau mountains. Our final stop is Mürren, a pretty village perched on a cliff-top and offering amazing views of the Lauterbrunnen Valley, which we'll reach by cable car. This evening you'll get to taste local specialities including the potato-based dish rösti, sausages and raclette cheese during a buffet dinner.
- DAY 4 Wengen
- Located in the heart of the Alps, Wengen is one of Switzerland's most beautiful resorts. Join your Local Guide for a culinary tour before enjoying an afternoon at leisure. The culinary theme continues this evening when we gather as a group to cook our own cheese fondue.
- DAY 5 Lucerne
- We start today with train rides to Interlaken and then Alpnachstad, where we'll take the cogwheel train to the top of Mount Pilatus. Our destination is the historic mountain hotel, Pilatus Kulm, located at 2,132 metres above sea level. Here we'll enjoy an alphorn concert. We'll then take the cable car to Fräkmüntegg and climb aboard a gondola, enjoying wonderful views as we head down to Kriens. We'll board a trolley bus to Lucerne, a lakeside city flanked by mountains and boasting many historic sights. This evening, we'll toast our adventures over a glass of Prosecco at our hotel's Penthouse Bar, which offers fabulous views across the Alps, before being served a 4-course dinner.
- DAY 6 Zurich to UK
- Today you’ll travel by train to Zurich foryour return flight to the UK.
- Just You Tour Manager as your host
- Return flights from Heathrow with British Airways
- 5 nights half-board in 4-star hotels
- 12 meals: 5 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 5 dinners
- All excursions included
- Welcome drink
- Overseas transfers & other transportation
- Dedicated Just You representative to greet you at all UK airports
You will have the option to book your own flights independently with the operator.
16-Jul-2018 for 5 Nights
20-Aug-2018 for 5 Nights
Why Just You?
Just You are an award winning singles touring holiday specialist. They provide amazing touring experiences for singles, groups of friends travelling on their own who want single rooms and also those who have to travel independently from their partners, but don’t want to travel alone.
Travelling solo is liberating and with the right ingredients it’s the perfect way to see the world. Just You mix everything together to create the ideal travel experience for independent globe trotters. They think it’s a bit like making a cake. A sprinkle of culture, a good pinch of fun, a dash of freedom and a drop of adventure, with your Tour Manager and fellow travellers providing the icing on top.
They’ve been developing itineraries for single travellers for almost a decade. Every trip is hosted by an experienced Tour Manager, while Local Guides add extra insight. They stick to this formula because they know it works. Their customers score them nearly 100% for their knowledge and tell them they’re second to none – an A* in anyone’s book!
With single rooms at no supplement; a meet and greet at the airport; flights or rail included; overseas transfers and other transportation; many meals, exciting excursions, and the option to join in as much or as little as you like, you can’t ask for more.
Contact our partner
You can contact Just You directly by: