A Russian River Cruise
- What's Included
- Just You
Discover world-famous monuments, traditional villages and historic churches as you cruise Russia's rivers. Beginning in St Petersburg and ending in Moscow, you'll have plenty of time to explore these fascinating cities.
Tour of St Petersburg
Mandrogui & traditional picnic
Kizhi walking tour
Walking tour of Uglich
Visit the Kremlin in Moscow
- Peter and Paul Fortress
- St Petersburg
- DAY 1 UK to St Petersburg
- Today you'll fly to St Petersburg and transfer to your river cruiser, MS Lev Tolstoy. We'll spend two nights in St Petersburg before embarking on our cruise of the Volga, the longest river in Europe. After settling into your cabin, we'll get together for a welcome meeting and drink, followed by dinner and an evening of entertainment.
- DAYS 2 & 3 St Petersburg
- After breakfast we'll set off on our sightseeing tour of St Petersburg. Travelling by coach, we'll see some of the city's most famous sights including the Exchange, Palace Square, the Winter Palace, St Isaac's Cathedral, the Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood and Nevsky Prospekt, the city's main thoroughfare. We'll also visit the Peter and Paul Fortress and the world-renowned Hermitage Museum.
Now you have your bearings, you can spend the rest of your time in St Petersburg exploring at leisure. Alternatively, we have a range of optional excursions on offer.
- DAY 4 Mandrogui
- Enjoy a leisurely breakfast on board before the ship reaches the historic village of Mandrogui, where we'll see delightful homes crafted in gingerbread house-style woodwork. The village is also a showcase of traditional Russian life, and we will visit a craft centre to see demonstrations of wood carving, weaving and pottery. If vodka is your tipple of choice, there will also be time to take an optional excursion to the Museum of Russian Vodka, where 2,800 different varieties are on display. A traditional shashlik picnic lunch is included today.
- DAY 5 Kizhi
- Spend a leisurely morning enjoying the ship's facilities as we sail to the island of Kizhi. Located on Lake Onega, this UNESCO-listed site is one of the most scenic destinations on the Volga. The island is known for its collection of wooden churches which were transported here for preservation purposes, and turn it into a fascinating open-air museum. The island's centrepiece is the remarkable Church of the Transfiguration, which was built completely without the use of nails and boasts 22 onion domes.
- DAY 6 Goritsy
- We'll step ashore today in Goritsy, a tiny settlement perched on the edge of the White Lake. We'll see the Kirillo-Belozersky Monastery, once one of the largest in northern Russia, and there will be time to take a stroll around the village. Around 600 people live here in traditional houses decorated with intricate wooden carvings.
- DAY 7 Yaroslavl
- Today we will visit the ancient city of Yaroslavl. Its UNESCO-listed centre is sprinkled with onion domes, and on a tour we'll see highlights including the exquisite Church of Ilya the Prophet and the Church of St Nicholas the Wonderworker.
- DAY 8 Uglich
- Our next port of call is the town of Uglich, whose history is entwined with the suspicious death of Prince Dmitry. He headed here in an attempt to flee the reign of his father, Ivan the Terrible, but was found in the town square with his throat cut some years later. As the ship sails towards the town, make sure you're on deck to see the Church of St Dmitry on the Blood, which was built in memory of the prince. We'll see the church again on our walking tour of the city, along with the territory of the former Kremlin and Transfiguration Cathedral.
- DAYS 9 Moscow
- Our final port of call is Russia's capital, Moscow, which features incredible architecture and a fascinating history. We'll arrive this afternoon and will see many of the iconic landmarks on a city tour, including Red Square, St Basil's Cathedral, Lenin's Mausoleum and more.
- DAY 10 Moscow
- After breakfast on board we'll visit the Kremlin and step inside one of the cathedrals inside its walls. Afterwards, feel free to head off and explore independently or join one of our optional excursions if you prefer. This evening we will gather together for a farewell drink, a fitting end to our holiday together.
- DAY 11 Moscow to UK
- After breakfast we will disembark and transfer to the airport for our flight home.
Just You Tour Manager as your host
Return Flights from Heathrow with British Airways
10 Nights full board on the 4* ship MS Lev Tolstoy
29 Meals: 10 breakfasts, 9 lunches, 10 dinners including a glass of wine or beer, or a soft drink at dinner
Specialist Local Guide
Complimentary tea & coffee
A full programme of optional shore excursions
You will have the option to book your own flights independently with the operator.
16-May-2018 for 10 Nights
18-Jul-2018 for 10 Nights
08-Aug-2018 for 10 Nights
29-Aug-2018 for 10 Nights
Why Just You?
Just You are an award winning singles touring holiday specialist. They provide amazing touring experiences for singles, groups of friends travelling on their own who want single rooms and also those who have to travel independently from their partners, but don’t want to travel alone.
Travelling solo is liberating and with the right ingredients it’s the perfect way to see the world. Just You mix everything together to create the ideal travel experience for independent globe trotters. They think it’s a bit like making a cake. A sprinkle of culture, a good pinch of fun, a dash of freedom and a drop of adventure, with your Tour Manager and fellow travellers providing the icing on top.
They’ve been developing itineraries for single travellers for almost a decade. Every trip is hosted by an experienced Tour Manager, while Local Guides add extra insight. They stick to this formula because they know it works. Their customers score them nearly 100% for their knowledge and tell them they’re second to none – an A* in anyone’s book!
With single rooms at no supplement; a meet and greet at the airport; flights or rail included; overseas transfers and other transportation; many meals, exciting excursions, and the option to join in as much or as little as you like, you can’t ask for more.
Contact our partner
You can contact Just You directly by: