A Viennese Christmas & Lake Balaton at New Year
- What's Included
- Just You
Spend Christmas in the magnificent city of Vienna, then journey to the shores of Lake Balaton in Hungary for a New Year celebration in stunning natural surroundings.
- Best Western Hotel Amedia Wien
- The Best Western Plus Amedia Hotel is a 4-star modern hotel just 4 underground stops from the city centre. The hotel facilities include a coffee lounge, hotel bar for guests to unwind and a spa area to relax with a sauna and steam bath. All rooms are stylishly decorated and have a designer bathroom with air-conditioning, satellite TV, soundproofing and coffee and tea making facilities.
- Danubius Health Spa Resort Hévíz
- You will stay at the 4-star Danubius Health Spa Resort in Hévís, Hungary. Lake Hévís is just a short 10 minute walk away, along with the Roma Catholic Church of the Holy Spirit and Blue Church. The hotel restaurant serves Hungarian and International cuisine, buffet dinners served in the evening with live music. The Wellness area features hot springs, mineral springs, a mud bath, sauna, spa tub, 3 indoor pools, 2 outdoor pools and offers a number of treatments and therapies. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities, satellite TV, balcony and seating area.
- Classical Strauss concert, Vienna
- Guided tour of Vienna
- The Schönbrunn Palace Gardens & Christmas market
- Sightseeing tour of Bratislava, the capital of Slovakia
- Tour of the Vienna Woods including a visit to Heiligenkreuz Abbey & wine-tasting
- Discover the Baroque city of Györ
- Explore Keszthely
- Guided tour of Budapest
- Sightseeing tour of Balatonfüred & Tihany
- DAY 1 UK to Vienna
- You'll fly to Vienna today and on arrival we will transfer you to your hotel. Get to know your travelling companions over a welcome drink and dinner at the hotel.
- DAY 2 CHRISTMAS EVE Vienna & Schönbrunn Palace
- We'll get to know Vienna on a guided tour today and will pass by St Stephen's Cathedral and the Belvedere Palace. Later we'll visit the gardens of Schönbrunn Palace and soak up the atmosphere at the lovely Christmas market.
- DAY 3 CHRISTMAS DAY Vienna City Walk
- Today we will explore Vienna´s historic city centre on foot and afterwards you'll have some free time to explore further with your travelling companions. Later we'll sample traditional Viennese cuisine when we enjoy dinner at a local restaurant. You may also choose to enjoy an optional classical concert this evening, featuring the music of Johann Strauss.
- DAY 4 BOXING DAY Bratislava
- We'll cross the border into Slovakia today and enjoy a walking tour of the capital Bratislava, where a stately castle overlooks the charming Old Town. You'll have free time this afternoon to explore with your travelling companions before we head back to Vienna.
- DAY 5 The Vienna Woods
- We'll head to the Vienna Woods today and tour the Heiligenkreuz Abbey, where the monks sing Gregorian chants as part of their worship. We'll also visit the spa town of Baden and enjoy a wine-tasting in the village of Gumpoldskirchen. Later, dinner will be served in a traditional Viennese heurige - or wine tavern.
- DAY 6 Hévíz
- We say farewell to Austria and travel to Hungary today. Along the way we'll enjoy some free time to explore Gyor before arriving at our hotel in Hévíz.
- Day 7 Keszthely & Hévíz
- After breakfast we'll drive to Keszthely, a lovely town on the western edge of Lake Balaton. After a guided walk and some free time, we'll return to Hévíz, where you can bathe in the therapeutic waters of Europe's largest thermal lake.
- DAY 8 Budapest
- Today we'll visit Hungary's capital Budapest, a city divided by the Danube. Lying on one side of the river is historic Buda and modern Pest is on the other. A guided tour will introduce us to the city's fascinating sights, and we'll enjoy panoramic views when we drive to the citadel at Gellért Hill.
- DAY 9 NEW YEAR’S EVE Balatonfüred & Tihany
- Lake Balaton is one of the largest lakesin central Europe and we’ll discoverBalatonfüred and the surrounding areatoday. Our tour includes a visit to theTihany Peninsula, where we will see thedelightful Benedictine Abbey Church.
Tonight we’ll celebrate the New Year instyle, with a gala dinner at the hotel and a fabulous evening of music anddancing.
- DAY 10 NEW YEAR’S DAY Hévíz
- After a late breakfast, relax and enjoy the facilities at your spa hotel. Later, enjoy a final evening with your travelling companions when dinner is served at the hotel.
- DAY 11 Hévíz to UK
- Today we will transfer to the airport in Vienna for our flight back to the UK.
- Just You Tour Manager as your host
- Return flights from Heathrow with Austrian Airlines
- 10 nights half board in 4-star hotels
- 20 meals: 10 breakfasts, 10 dinners
- Specialist Local Guide
- Welcome drink
- Overseas transfers & other transportation
- Dedicated Just You Representative to greet you at all UK airports
You will have the option to book your own flights independently with the operator.
23-Dec-2018 for 10 Nights
Why Just You?
Just You are an award winning singles touring holiday specialist. They provide amazing touring experiences for singles, groups of friends travelling on their own who want single rooms and also those who have to travel independently from their partners, but don’t want to travel alone.
Travelling solo is liberating and with the right ingredients it’s the perfect way to see the world. Just You mix everything together to create the ideal travel experience for independent globe trotters. They think it’s a bit like making a cake. A sprinkle of culture, a good pinch of fun, a dash of freedom and a drop of adventure, with your Tour Manager and fellow travellers providing the icing on top.
They’ve been developing itineraries for single travellers for almost a decade. Every trip is hosted by an experienced Tour Manager, while Local Guides add extra insight. They stick to this formula because they know it works. Their customers score them nearly 100% for their knowledge and tell them they’re second to none – an A* in anyone’s book!
With single rooms at no supplement; a meet and greet at the airport; flights or rail included; overseas transfers and other transportation; many meals, exciting excursions, and the option to join in as much or as little as you like, you can’t ask for more.
Contact our partner
You can contact Just You directly by: