A Swiss Christmas Wonderland
- What's Included
- Just You
Spectacular snow-capped mountains, charming Alpine towns and a thrilling mountain train ride bring a touch of festive magic to this very special holiday.
- Sunstar Alpine Hotel Davos
- Enjoying breathtaking mountain views, the hotel is set amidst parkland and is located just 300 metres from the centre of Davos. Facilities include restaurant with panoramic windows, indoor swimming pool, gym, log cabin sauna, games room and cinema. The comfortable bedrooms include private facilities, TV, radio, wi-fi, mini-bar, safe and hairdryer.
- Visit Chur, Switzerland's oldest town
- Take a magical torch-lit forest walk followed by Christmas carols & a glass of mulled wine
- Enjoy a horse-drawn carriage ride on Christmas Day
- Ride the Bernina Express to Italy & enjoy a three-course lunch
- Festive and New Year
- DAY 1 UK to Davos
- After flying to Zurich we'll transfer by coach to Davos, Europe's highest town. This charming mountain resort combines a bustling centre with a glorious setting amidst magnificent mountains and beautiful valleys. We'll get to know one another better over a welcome glass of prosecco and a tasting of oysters, before dinner at the hotel this evening.
- DAY 2 Davos
- You're free to relax and explore Davos at leisure today. You could perhaps head out with your travelling companions and enjoy lunch in one of the many well-regarded restaurants, or do some last-minute Christmas shopping in the array of shops and boutiques.
Back at the hotel we'll enjoy dinner together this evening.
- DAY 3 CHRISTMAS EVE Chur
- After breakfast we'll travel to Chur, Switzerland's oldest city, which is set amidst splendid snow-capped mountains. In the company of a Local Guide we'll take a walking tour through the traffic-free Old Town, where winding alleys are lined with quaint historic buildings, designer boutiques, galleries, welcoming restaurants and bars. Our tour concludes at a museum and bar dedicated to the work of visual artist H R Giger, who was awarded an Oscar for his work on the film, Alien. We'll enjoy an included drink and time to browse around the exhibits, and then you'll have some free time for shopping and further exploration. This afternoon we'll enjoy a magical torch-lit walk through the forest near our hotel. Christmas carols will be accompanied by a warming glass of mulled wine before a Christmas Eve gala dinner is served at the hotel this evening.
- DAY 4 CHRISTMAS DAY Davos
- After a leisurely start, we'll celebrate Christmas Day in style with a festive horse-drawn carriage ride through the centre of Davos. The rest of the day is free for you to enjoy the facilities at the hotel. Alternatively, you could take a spectacular cable-car ride or try your hand at curling, ice skating or tobogganing. We'll gather for a gala dinner at the hotel this evening.
- DAY 5 BOXING DAY Bernina Express
- Early this morning we'll set off on a thrilling journey through the Alps to Italy. We'll take the train to Filisur and then board the Bernina Express for a journey on the highest railway in the Alps. We'll climb through jaw-dropping Alpine scenery to glistening glaciers, before descending to the plains of Italy and the town of Tirano below. We'll enjoy a three-course lunch with wine in Tirano, Italy before the return journey to Davos this afternoon.
This evening we'll gather for a farewell five-course dinner and drinks at the hotel.
- DAY 6 Davos to UK
- Today we'll transfer to Zurich airport by coach for our flight back to the UK.
- Just You Tour Manager as your host
- Scheduled flights from Heathrow with Swiss Airlines
- 5 nights half board in a 4-star hotel
- 11 meals: 5 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 5 dinners including a gala dinner on Christmas Eve & Christmas Day
- Welcome drink
- Overseas transfers & other transportation
- Dedicated Just You representative to greet you at all UK airports
You will have the option to book your own flights independently with the operator.
22-Dec-2018 for 5 Nights
Why Just You?
Just You are an award winning singles touring holiday specialist. They provide amazing touring experiences for singles, groups of friends travelling on their own who want single rooms and also those who have to travel independently from their partners, but don’t want to travel alone.
Travelling solo is liberating and with the right ingredients it’s the perfect way to see the world. Just You mix everything together to create the ideal travel experience for independent globe trotters. They think it’s a bit like making a cake. A sprinkle of culture, a good pinch of fun, a dash of freedom and a drop of adventure, with your Tour Manager and fellow travellers providing the icing on top.
They’ve been developing itineraries for single travellers for almost a decade. Every trip is hosted by an experienced Tour Manager, while Local Guides add extra insight. They stick to this formula because they know it works. Their customers score them nearly 100% for their knowledge and tell them they’re second to none – an A* in anyone’s book!
With single rooms at no supplement; a meet and greet at the airport; flights or rail included; overseas transfers and other transportation; many meals, exciting excursions, and the option to join in as much or as little as you like, you can’t ask for more.
Contact our partner
You can contact Just You directly by: