A Downton Pre Christmas Treat
- What's Included
- Just You
Visit the Christmas Fair at Highclere Castle, where Downton Abbey was filmed, and soak up the festive atmosphere on this pre-Christmas break in Berkshire.
- Highclere Castle Christmas Fair
- Guided tour of the Bombay Sapphire Distillery with complimentary drink
- Mercure Newbury Elcot Park Hotel
- You will stay in the 4-star Mercure
Newbury Elcot Park Hotel – A splendid
18th century Georgian manor house
set in 16 acres of beautiful gardens and
parkland. The former family home of
the great poet Percy Shelley, this unique
hotel boasts charming period features
and tasteful décor. Hotel amenities
include a bar, restaurant, gym, tennis
court and complimentary car parking.
Guest rooms feature private facilities,
tea/coffee-making facilities, TV,
hairdryer and wi-fi.
Please note: There is no lift at this hotel.
- Day 1 Newbury
- Make your own way to the hotel, where your Tour Manager will greet you on arrival. Enjoy some time to settle in and then get to know your holiday companions over dinner this evening.
- Day 2 Highclere Castle & Bombay Sapphire Distillery
- After a leisurely breakfast we'll head to the beautiful Highclere Castle, where the TV series 'Downton Abbey' was filmed. The Earl and Countess of Carnarvon reside here for some of the year, and when we visit the State Rooms will have been transformed to host a Christmas Fair. There will be a spectacular Christmas tree, festive decorations and a variety of exciting stalls where you can do some Christmas shopping. You'll have plenty of time to explore at leisure and can enjoy lunch at the castle if you wish.
This afternoon we'll take a tour of the Bombay Sapphire Distillery and uncover the secrets of the world-famous gin. The state-of-the-art distillery is located at the historic Laverstock Mill on the banks of the River Test and you may be lucky enough to spot kingfishers, herons or some of the other wildlife that inhabits the surrounding area.
Back at the hotel, we'll enjoy dinner together this evening.
- Day 3 Newbury
- Make use of the hotel's facilities and enjoy a leisurely breakfast, before checking out of the hotel and making your own way home.
- Just You Tour Manager as your host
- 2 nights half board in a 4-star hotel
- 4 meals: 2 breakfasts, 2 dinners
- Welcome drink
You will have the option to book your own flights independently with the operator.
04-Dec-2018 for 2 Nights
Why Just You?
Just You are an award winning singles touring holiday specialist. They provide amazing touring experiences for singles, groups of friends travelling on their own who want single rooms and also those who have to travel independently from their partners, but don’t want to travel alone.
Travelling solo is liberating and with the right ingredients it’s the perfect way to see the world. Just You mix everything together to create the ideal travel experience for independent globe trotters. They think it’s a bit like making a cake. A sprinkle of culture, a good pinch of fun, a dash of freedom and a drop of adventure, with your Tour Manager and fellow travellers providing the icing on top.
They’ve been developing itineraries for single travellers for almost a decade. Every trip is hosted by an experienced Tour Manager, while Local Guides add extra insight. They stick to this formula because they know it works. Their customers score them nearly 100% for their knowledge and tell them they’re second to none – an A* in anyone’s book!
With single rooms at no supplement; a meet and greet at the airport; flights or rail included; overseas transfers and other transportation; many meals, exciting excursions, and the option to join in as much or as little as you like, you can’t ask for more.
Contact our partner
You can contact Just You directly by: