A Christmas Cruise through the Winelands of France
- What's Included
Sample some of France's finest wines as you sail the Garonne and Gironde Rivers on this relaxing Christmas cruise. Along the way, admire picturesque scenery and step ashore in charming towns.
- Visit the Médoc, a region renowned for its fine red wines
- Journey through Blaye & the Corniche road
- Discover the architectural gems of charming St Émilion and taste the local wine
- Experience UNESCO-listed Bordeaux by night
- MS Princesse d'Aqutaine
- The 4-star standard ship MS Princesse d'' Aquitaine features a bar/lounge, restaurant, sun deck and gift shop. Cabins have en suite facilities, twin beds, TV, radio, hairdryer and safe.
- The Dordogne
- Festive and New Year
- DAY 1 UK/Bordeaux
- Today you'll depart from London St Pancras International for the journey by Eurostar to Paris. On arrival, we'll transfer you to the railway station where you'll board a high-speed train to Bordeaux, one of the world's most famous wine regions. You'll embark your ship here early this evening and meet the captain and crew at a welcome cocktail reception.
- DAY 2 Christmas Eve Pauillac
- Today the ship will cruise the Garonne and Gironde Rivers to the city of Pauillac. This afternoon, you can step ashore to visit Médoc, a region which is famed for its elegant red wines. A wine-tasting is included here and you'll see famous names such as Châteaux Laffitte-Rothschild, Latour and Mouton Rothschild. Back on the ship, a special Christmas Eve dinner will be served this evening.
- DAY 3 Christmas Day Blaye & Libourne
- It's Christmas Day, and the morning will be spent cruising the Gironde to its estuary en route to Blaye. This region is noted for its Côtes de Blaye red wines and its impressive citadel. Join our tour along the Corniche road, a picturesque route which runs alongside the Dordogne and offers wonderfully scenic views. Back on board, spend a relaxing afternoon as the ship sails to Libourne. This evening, celebrate Christmas in style at a festive gala dinner hosted by the captain.
- DAY 4 Boxing Day Libourne
- From Libourne you can visit the beautiful medieval village of St Émilion, which is renowned for its production of full-bodied red wines. The ship then heads back to UNESCO-listed Bordeaux, where you will discover the city's many highlights on our evening shore excursion.
- DAY 5 Bordeaux/UK
- Today you'll disembark the ship in Bordeaux and we will transfer you back to London.
- Standard-class return rail travel by Eurostar/European train provider
- 4 nights all inclusive on board 4-star premium ship MS Cyrano de Bergerac
- 11 meals: 4 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 4 dinners including gala dinner on Christmas Day and all drinks (excluding Champagne and selected wines)
- All excursions included
- Travelsphere Tour Manager and Local Guide
- Overseas transfers and other transportation
- Onboard evening entertainment
- Captain's welcome cocktail reception
You will have the option to book your own flights independently with the operator.
23-Dec-2018 for 4 Nights
With over 50 years of touring expertise, you are guaranteed an enriching experience with Travelsphere every time. Wherever you choose to explore, however you choose to travel, they believe it’s the people you’re with that make all the difference to your precious time away. Their Tour Managers are some of the best in the business and they work really hard to give you the holiday of your dreams. They work closely with Local Guides to show you the very best of a destination, from the iconic landmarks to the hidden gems, and are always on hand if you need tips, advice or just a friendly chat.
They take care of everything for you, from organising the transport and booking the hotels to arranging visits to the ‘must-see’ sights as well as some undiscovered, off-the-beaten-track destinations. You’ll be accompanied by an experienced Tour Manager whose unrivalled knowledge and enthusiasm will help you to uncover the real heart and soul of a place.
They understand how an amazing travel experience can make a lasting impression on people’s lives. That’s why they take such care to get it right. With guaranteed departures, guaranteed price promise and 100% financial protection, you are safe in Travelsphere’s hands.
Contact our partner
You can contact Travelsphere directly by: