A Cheshire Country House Christmas
- What's Included
Discover the historic cities of Chester and Liverpool on this Christmas break in a 4-star country house hotel.
- Macdonald Craxton Wood Hotel & Spa
- Chester walking tour
- Tour of Liverpool
- United Kingdom
- Festive and New Year
- DAY 1 Craxton Wood
- Make your own way to the hotel, which is located just a short distance from the historic city of Chester. Unwind after your journey with a complimentary cup of tea or coffee and then spend some time settling into your room. Later, we'll get together for a drink in the bar, and dinner with a glass of wine will be served in the hotel's stylish restaurant.
- DAY 2 Christmas Eve Chester
- After a leisurely morning at the hotel, we're going to head to Chester for a sightseeing tour. Founded by the Romans more than 2,000 years ago, the city's history is reflected in its well-preserved walls, its impressive Roman amphitheatre and its striking medieval half-timbered houses. A Local Guide will take us on a walk around the city and we'll visit Chester Cathedral, which stands on the site of a 7th century Saxon church. Back at the hotel, you'll have some time to relax before dinner and an evening of festive entertainment.
- DAY 3 Christmas Day Craxton Wood
- Christmas Day is yours to do just as you please. Maybe you'll enjoy a dip in the hotel's swimming pool or pamper yourself with a treatment in the spa. A traditional festive lunch with all the trimmings will be served, and if you're feeling peckish later, you can tuck into a buffet dinner.
- DAY 4 Boxing Day Liverpool
- Today we're going to Liverpool, a city with a diverse heritage that's steeped in maritime, cultural, musical and sporting history. We'll explore on foot and a Local Guide will point out many exciting world-class attractions. After the tour you'll have some time at leisure to discover more for yourself – the Albert Dock is a great place to head, where you'll find a selection of restaurants and bars. This evening we'll enjoy dinner and another evening of entertainment at the hotel.
- DAY 5 Craxton Wood
- Enjoy a leisurely breakfast, before checking out of the hotel and making your way back home.
- 4 nights half board in a 4-star hotel
- 9 meals: 4 breakfasts, 1 traditional Christmas Day lunch, 4 dinners
- All excursions included
- Travelsphere Tour Manager and Local Guide
- Tea/coffee on arrival
- Pre-dinner drink on day 1, a glass of wine with each meal and mulled wine and mince pies on Christmas Eve
- Free car parking
You will have the option to book your own flights independently with the operator.
23-Dec-2018 for 4 Nights
With over 50 years of touring expertise, you are guaranteed an enriching experience with Travelsphere every time. Wherever you choose to explore, however you choose to travel, they believe it’s the people you’re with that make all the difference to your precious time away. Their Tour Managers are some of the best in the business and they work really hard to give you the holiday of your dreams. They work closely with Local Guides to show you the very best of a destination, from the iconic landmarks to the hidden gems, and are always on hand if you need tips, advice or just a friendly chat.
They take care of everything for you, from organising the transport and booking the hotels to arranging visits to the ‘must-see’ sights as well as some undiscovered, off-the-beaten-track destinations. You’ll be accompanied by an experienced Tour Manager whose unrivalled knowledge and enthusiasm will help you to uncover the real heart and soul of a place.
They understand how an amazing travel experience can make a lasting impression on people’s lives. That’s why they take such care to get it right. With guaranteed departures, guaranteed price promise and 100% financial protection, you are safe in Travelsphere’s hands.
Contact our partner
You can contact Travelsphere directly by: