Christmas in Marrakech
- What's Included
- Just You
Head to North Africa and the Moroccan gem of Marrakech for a Christmas to remember as you explore spectacular landscapes and experience an exotic culture.
Dine on Moroccan specialities as you enjoy the spectacular Chez Ali Folklore Show
- Kech Boutique Hotel & Spa
- With a great location overlooking spectacular mountain scenery, the charming 4-star Kech Boutique Hotel & Spa is also within easy reach of the popular Agdal Gardens. Hotel facilities include a restaurant, bar, café and swimming pool. Bedrooms have private facilities, hairdryer, minibar and air conditioning.
- Tour of Marrakech including Djemaa el Fna Square
- Explore the seaside town of Essaouira & enjoy a seafood lunch
- Visit the beautiful Ourika Valley with lunch in a hilltop restaurant offering wonderful views
- Visit Asni with lunch at an authentic Moroccan retreat surrounded by the Atlas Mountains
- Take part in a traditional Moroccan cookery class
- Festive and New Year
- DAY 1 UK to Marrakech
- Today you'll fly to Marrakech, a North African gem and one of Morocco's most vibrant cities. On arrival, we'll transfer you to your hotel, where after time to settle in, we'll gather together for a drink before dinner this evening.
- DAY 2 Marrakech
- We'll get to know Marrakech during a full day of sightseeing, starting at the 19th century Bahia Palace. Located in the medina and set over two acres, it boasts 150 rooms including a harem section, as well as colourfully tiled courtyards and gardens. Other highlights include a visit to the Menara Gardens, an oasis in this bustling city, and the Saadien Tombs. The resting place of the former royal dynasty of Morocco was lost for many years, and resdiscovered by archaeologists in 1917. Our final call this morning is at the Dar Si Said Museum, housed inside an opulent palace and home to the Museum of Moroccan Art.
There's time for lunch if you wish before our afternoon included tour of Djemaa el Fna Square. Here we'll wander the labyrinth of lively souks where snake charmers, fortune-tellers and acrobats put on an amazing show for the thronging crowds. Why not try out your bartering skills at stalls selling everything from traditional carpets and hand-crafted pottery to leatherwear and aromatic spices.
- DAY 3 Marrakech
- You can spend today just as you wish, whether that's enjoying the facilities at your hotel or exploring Marrakech further with your travelling companions.
This evening you're invited to join an optional folklore show and dinner at the Chez Ali Restaurant. Entertainment comes in the shape of traditional dancing, music and acrobatics performed in Berber tents, while dinner is a feast of Moroccan specialities.
- DAY 4 CHRISTMAS EVE Essaouira
- After breakfast we're going to head to the charming walled seaside town of Essaouira, located on the Atlantic coast. As we drive, look out for endemic argan trees laden with fruit from which the precious commodity argan oil is derived. For centuries this has been used not only for culinary purposes but also in beauty rituals, and today it's a key ingredient in many shampoos and moisturisers. Many argan co-operatives also line the route leading to Essaouira, where women grind the fruit kernels by hand to produce the coveted oil.
Once in this UNESCO-listed town you're free to explore at leisure before we enjoy a seafood lunch. Maybe take a stroll along the medina's ramparts or on the broad stretches of sandy beach. You could hunt for souvenirs amongst narrow alleyways lined with artisan workshops, or head to the port to watch the day's catch as it's brought in by fishermen.
- DAY 5 CHRISTMAS DAY Ourika Valley
- Today is Christmas Day, and we'll begin our celebrations with a tour of the beautiful Ourika Valley. Nestling in the foothills of the Atlas Mountains, this picturesque destination offers a feast for the eyes with Berber hamlets scattered amidst a landscape of lush olive groves, towering palms and meandering rivers.
We'll stop our sightseeing for lunch in La Kasbah de l'Ourika, which boasts a hilltop position and offers stunning views of the valley and the mountains.
We'll arrive back at the hotel in time to get ready for a fabulous festive dinner.
- DAY 6 BOXING DAY Asni
- We'll once again head to the foothills of the Atlas Mountains today, as we visit the small town of Asni. This is the heart of Berber country and as we head here we'll pass the picturesque village of Tahanaout, whose red-hued buildings blend in perfectly with its mountainside location.
We'll also enjoy lovely views during lunch at La Roseraie, an authentic Moroccan retreat surounded by the Atlas Mountains and lush forests and olive groves. Excellent facilities here include an outdoor swimming pool and lovely garden, and there's time to enjoy them if the weather is in our favour before we head back to the hotel.
- DAY 7 Marrakech
- If you enjoy cooking, or are keen to pick up tips, you'll love today's included excursion. We're going to head to a nearby restaurant where we'll take part in a cookery lesson. We'll learn to make some Moroccan specialities and then we'll sample what we've created.
During an afternoon at leisure you can relax at the hotel or explore Marrakech further in the company of your travelling companions. Later, we'll gather together for a farewell dinner.
- DAY 8 Marrakech to UK
- Today, if time allows, we'll visit the Majorelle Garden, an oasis of exotic flora in the heart of Marrakech. We'll then transfer to the airport for the flight back to the UK.
- Just You Tour Manager as your host
- Return flights from London with British Airways
- 7 nights half board in a 4-star hotel
- 16 meals: 7 breakfasts, 3 lunches and 6 dinners including Christmas dinner
- Welcome & farewell drinks
- Overseas transfers & other transportation
- Dedicated Just You representative to greet you at all UK airports
You will have the option to book your own flights independently with the operator.
Touring with Just You
Just You are an award winning singles touring holiday specialist. They provide amazing touring experiences for singles, groups of friends travelling on their own who want single rooms and also those who have to travel independently from their partners, but don’t want to travel alone.
Travelling solo is liberating and with the right ingredients it’s the perfect way to see the world. Just You mix everything together to create the ideal travel experience for independent globe trotters. They think it’s a bit like making a cake. A sprinkle of culture, a good pinch of fun, a dash of freedom and a drop of adventure, with your Tour Manager and fellow travellers providing the icing on top.
They’ve been developing itineraries for single travellers for almost a decade. Every trip is hosted by an experienced Tour Manager, while Local Guides add extra insight. They stick to this formula because they know it works. Their customers score them nearly 100% for their knowledge and tell them they’re second to none – an A* in anyone’s book!
With single rooms at no supplement; a meet and greet at the airport; flights or rail included; overseas transfers and other transportation; many meals, exciting excursions, and the option to join in as much or as little as you like, you can’t ask for more.
Contact our partner
You can contact Just You directly by: